Wednesday, March 25, 2009

U-Blog 5

This post may not be as long as the others, I think I need to lighten the load on my views!

It was an interesting week at the retirement homes. It started off to a smooth start taking me 35 minutes to find the place. Being part of the first team presenting I didn’t know what to expect. The room was a lot smaller then I envisioned and there was not projector. Not only that there were 3 out of the 15 computers that didn’t work (or was it 20). But looking past all that I think the overall objective was achieved.

Trying to teach a generation that doesn’t know much of anything about the computer is pretty tough, annoying, and slow. At some points I fell that I seem to be flaunting my knowledge at them making them feel like they don’t know anything. We as computer people tend to forget that we are teaching harder stuff then we realize. Before knowing curtain areas we were also in the same boat at one time. I guess we just want to make ourselves feel important.

The group was very cooperative and eager to learn how to use the emails and computer. Being that I know a lot of this area it can be very annoying not being able to explain things in more detail. They reminded me a lot about my grandparents and I hope I can take this experience and apply it to teaching them about online safety and computer usage.

How has the group presentation effected you?

No comments:

Post a Comment